Monday, October 5, 2015

MLB Playoffs

It's been a long, hard fought season that came down to the wire in the MLB. Now, we finally have the playoffs ready to go. I'm going to break down my picks for the 2015 playoffs.

The first game I want to break down is the American League wild card between the New York Yankees and the Houston Astros. My pick is the Yankees. First, they have way more playoff experience. When there's only one game to play, you need guys who know how to play in clutch situations. In addition, the Yankees are more talented AND on one of the hottest streaks in baseball.

The next game is the National League Wild Card game between the Chicago Cubs and the Pittsburgh Pirates. I see the Cubs coming away in this game. They have in my mind, the Cy Young of the league, and have some major assets on the offensive side of the ball.


In the ALDS we have the Toronto Blue Jays Going up against the Texas Rangers. This is going to be a five game set, and expect there to be some major offensive games in this series. I'm picking the Blue Jays. The Rangers have no pitchers who can slow down this high powered offense of possible MVP Josh Donaldson, Troy Tulowitski, and many more. Plus, they've got 2012 AL Cy Young David Price, who should take total charge in this game.



Over to the National League with the game between the New York Mets and the Los Angeles Dodgers. I'm thinking the Dodgers. Unfortunately they've been in the Giant's shadow for a long time, and the Mets have been in the shadow of the Nationals and Braves. Now they both are getting a shot, so I'm expecting a great competitive series. I just think it'll be too hard for the Met's to score off of Zack Greinke AND Clayton Kershaw when they're both so dominant.


We saw the Cubs beat the Pirates earlier in the blog, but can they outlast the 100 win Saint Louis Cardinals? Sorry, but I have Chicago taking the loss. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep. The Cubs just don't have the talent or competitive fire to beat a team proven to be unbeatable. I will give them the game that Jake Arrieta pitches though. Sorry, but the curse will not be lifted this year.

The Yankees are historically the best team in all of sports, but can they beat the Royals, who had 4 all stars? I have the Yankees winning this one. Sure, the Royals had a great season, but there team has slowed down lately, and with the Yankees currently at the top of there game, I think the Yankees will take the win.



Now we've got what I think are the two best teams in the National League, the Cardinals and the Dodgers, squaring off in the NLCS. I have the Dodgers winning this game. Not only will their pitching be outstanding, but with Yasiel Puig back in the lineup there offense should be alright as well. This series WILL go far. I'm guessing 6 or 7 games. You never really know with baseball though.


Will the Yankees win the ALCS and go for yet another title? Or will the Blue Jays finally go for what they have long waited for? I think the Blue Jays will move on. Sure, their not the best playoff team, especially considering Tulo hasn't played in a playoff game since 2009. But David Price should give them a push forward, and there offense still contains Josh Donaldson and Edwin Encarnacion. Overall, they are so talented, and look like they've played together for a long time.



And finally, the World Series between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Los Angeles Dodgers. My pick for the 2015 World Series Champion is the Toronto Blue Jays. There team hasn't been this way for very long, but Troy Tulowitski looks right at home. He's used to being injured and knows how to return with full strength. Josh Donaldson is my pick for the AL MVP (sorry Mike Trout). Finally, David Price should once again pitch a jam. Even if he doesn't, the Blue Jays will score. The Dodgers have been living off of low scoring games, and won't be able to handle them when they score 8, 9, 10 runs like I plan on them scoring. Even with Price and Kershaw, Toronto should be in for there third world series, and the first one since that dynamic team in the early 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment