Friday, September 4, 2015

NFL Predictions

I know you guys are probably sick of me talking about the NFL, and I swear I'll get to MLB and NCAA Basketball, but I do want to predict my playoff team right now. I'm not going to name the exact seed, but I will name my division leaders and two wild cards.

My pick for the AFC East winner is the New England Patriots. They were kind of a question mark without Tom Brady for a significant amount of time, but now that he'll suit up for week one (vs. the Cardinals) I can see New England dominating there pretty weak division.

My pick for the AFC North champion is the Pittsburgh Steelers. This was a tough one, mainly because I think Baltimore and Cincinnati will both be contenders for the playoffs as well. I just think Ben Roethlisberger will be more reliable than Joe Flacco and definitely Andy Dalton.

My pick for the AFC West champion is the Indianapolis Colts
. Andrew Luck is the best QB in the AFC, and with one of the most reliable receiving cores, this team should be out for more than just a playoff berth.

My pick for the AFC West winner is the Denver Broncos. the've got arguably the best quarterback in NFL history (or at least WAY up the list). Their defense is better than what people give them credit for, and they have a great special teams in Matt Prater and return man in Trindon Holiday.

The first wild card will be the San Diego Chargers. Their in a tough division with multiple threats such as the Broncos and Chiefs, but they definitely deserve to be in the playoffs, and have good chances in my mind for a wild card spot.

Taking up the last spot in the AFC, I have the Houston Texans. A lot of people see this team and think of JJ Watt, but there defense is much more. In fact, I would say they have one of the best defenses in the league, and getting better (Javeon Clowney). Sure, there offense will struggle to play up to par, but there defense should make up for it.

Now, over to the NFC East, I have the Dallas Cowboys. I don't think anyone really has a legit shot to go far from this division, so the Cowboys have little competition. As much as it hurts, they... are the best team in that division (okay, I said it).

My pick for the NFC North division winner is the Green Bay Packers. This is most definitely the bests division in the NFL. The Vikings and Lions are easily playoff worthy, and Chicago has a chance with there new coach, but Green Bay has something that those teams don't have: The best QB in the NFL in Aaron Rodgers.

My NFC East champion is the Atlanta Falcons. this division has all playoff contenders, but no true Super Bowl contenders. Still though, I see the Falcons winning enough games to power there way into the playoffs.


My NFC west team is the Seattle Seahawks. This was a TOUGH decision. the 49ers are easily not only playoff ready, but I'd go as far as to say Super Bowl ready. But Seattle is just so good offensively and defensively. They have a top five quarterback and a top five running back in Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch, and easily the best defense in the NFL. They were just too hard to resist.

The fist wild card team for the NFC is the San Fransisco 49ers. Like I said, if they were in any other division other than the Seahawks or Packers, they would be a division leader. Unfortunately for them, Seattle is in there division. But I still expect big things from them.

And finally, my second NFC wild card squad is the Minnesota Vikings. Man, the NFC is so good, and Minnesota is a deserving team to lead a division. They've got the best running back in the NFL in Adrian Peterson, and a growing threat in Teddy Bridgewater. But just like San Fransisco, the Vikings have the Green Bay Packers to deal with, and I can't see them outplaying a team like that easily, so they have to drop down to this spot.

honestly, I think the Vikings and 49ers should trade places with the Falcons and Cowboys and that would be more accurate. But of course, that's not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment